We strongly believe that success in media and marketing today requires relentless curiosity and experimentation. For us, it also means a learn-by-doing mindset that puts us in the trenches and requires us to constantly re-evaluate our approach and the results we drive.
That’s why our parent company, Weber Shandwick recently launched Media Decoded, a content platform that will help us navigate the changing media landscape together. Media Decoded identifies key themes and provides perspectives on the major shifts in the digital and media landscape, as well as shares learnings from the innovators who are reshaping media. It also serves as a platform for us to test and learn new technologies and processes we recommend to our clients for their own content creation.
Media Decoded houses insights and analysis from our staff as well as high-profile media change agents. At launch, we had bylines and interviews from a variety of notable influencers, including:
- Fred Wilson — founder of Union Square Ventures, early investor in Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
- Garance Doré — author, photographer, Vogue columnist and fashion influencer
- Gabe Rivera — Mediagazer and Techmeme founder
- Jamal Edwards — UK amateur-turned-mogul who launched Ed Sheeran on YouTube
- Vivian Schiller — former head of news partnerships for Twitter and CEO of NPR
- Doc Searls — co-author of Cluetrain Manifesto and Harvard fellow
- Gretchen Rubin — best-selling author of The Happiness Project, host of top 10 iTunes podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin
Our intent with Media Decoded is to bring the best insights from our staff, partners and media innovators to the forefront. We want to shed light on the most interesting, most material subjects and encourage sharing and discussion around them. We would also love to hear from you. If you would like to contribute to the platform or have an area of focus you’d like to see us “decode,” please leave a comment below.